Time is everything these days—and you don’t want to waste any of it when searching for the right engine for your custom ride. That’s why GM Performance Parts’ line of ready-to-run, value-driven crate engines makes sense and cents. Here’s how:
• Uncompromising performance—Every engine design is factoryengineered, tested and validated to provide great, tire-smoking power and excellent drivability. No one else builds to the GM standard!
• All-new "stuff"—All GMPP crate engines are brand-new. You don’t get used, reconditioned or rebuilt parts.
• Ready to run—Most GMPP crate engines require only a few additional parts—parts often available from your GMPP dealer—to become ready to run in your vehicle. Our Deluxe packages are so complete, they even include the carburetor and spark plug wires!
• Assurance—A 24-month parts and labor warranty for street usage comes with every GMPP crate engine, giving you peace of mind that can’t be matched by a home re-build, salvage yard find or many engine shops.
• Value—A nationwide network of dealers ensures GMPP crate engines have a connected network of support.
There are nearly 40 crate engine packages to choose from, from budget replacement engines to racing engines, as well as long-block and partial engine assemblies that make great starting points for finishing your own custom engine combination.
Your time is valuable. Spend more time enjoying your car or truck with a GMPP crate engine!
Small-block V-8 Engines Defined
General Motors recently introduced the Gen IV small-block V-8. Here’s a quick explanation of the different generations:
Gen I & II-style-The original Chevy small-block, introduced in 1955 and still going strong.
Gen III- All-new small-block design, yet retains 4.400-inch bore centers of Gen I & II-style engines. Introduced in 1997.
Gen IV- Similar architecture as Gen III, but updated design incorporates provisions for new technology. It also has a new block casting. Introduced on 2005 Corvette, SSR and GTO.
IMPORTANT! DISTRIBUTOR NOTE: A GM distributor or a GM melonized steel gear P/N 10456413 MUST be used with GMPP crate engines, long blocks and partial engines equipped with a steel camshaft or engine damage can occur.